Wednesday, September 1, 2010

A "Cool" 72 Degrees

This afternoon, I am not feeling so well for some reason. Some kind of flu bug, likely. But it is certainly not because I am experiencing too hot of temperatures. Indoors, our thermometer is reading 72 degrees at 5 pm. It has been raining here off and on for several days now. While it makes it difficult to get the wet laundry dry, I must admit that I am enjoying it.

Out of the three months' time that we have lived here now, there have only been a handful of nights where I required a blanket or even a sheet for that matter. My resting body temperature just has not needed it. So I have been ever so grateful for the past few days of 'coolness.' We may even have to retrieve the one blanket that we did have in our bedroom from the spare bedroom downstairs (which has been reserved for Andy and Karina Smith actually). Bob tells me he was cold last night. I, on the other hand, enjoyed the one layer I had on.

Somehow today, this has gotten me thinking about God's provision for us. While we don't have an abundance of blankets (because we 'thought' we didn't need them ...), we have just exactly what we truly need. He has continued to show us this each month here in Uganda. We are not living in abundance by any means (especially by American standards), but we continue to be taken care of with just enough. Just enough eggs and just enough flour, etc.

It strikes me how grateful we should be for this, especially when we drive through the streets of Jinja, Uganda, or visit Lingira Island. We have so much more than so many here. I pray that we will not be greedy or selfish, but will listen to His Holy Spirit's leading so that we will know when and what to give freely in His Name and for His sake.

No comments:

Post a Comment